- More drama in missing Caylee case unfolds
As the search for missing three-year-old Caylee Anthony finds itself into another week, the drama keeps piling on and on.
The toddler’s mother Casey Anthony was returned to jail Friday evening under a hail of lights, cameras and action. Every since then, speculation continues and Caylee remains “missing”. Or at least, that’s what she’s still technically classified as.
But we are hearing that the Orange County Sheriffs Office is saying that they do have evidence that has not been released yet that leads them to believe that Caylee is deceased. We’ve known that lab results from the FBI state that there was a decomposing body left in the trunk of the vehicle used by Casey, and that Caylee was in the trunk. We’re likely to hear more information soon as it develops.
In addition to that, other developments of Casey going back to jail. It looks like she may stay there for a while longer. She was re-arrested on new charges of check forgery. While the bond for that charge was paid, the company that held the bond of $500,200 for the previous charge has revoked it and she is still looking to get that paid in order for her to get out of jail. Bounty Hunter Leonard Padilla, first wanted her back in jail, but changed his mind, but his mind was eventually made up for him when she was re-arrested. According to him, Casey back in jail is likely for her own good primarily because of the impact this whole ordeal is having on the public.
While you have your faction of people who are supporting the Anthony family, who believe Caylee is still out there somewhere, even some who are combing Central Florida looking for her, there are others who seem to be on another side. Protesters have been making themselves known since Friday night. Some believe Casey needs to be exposed for murder, some believe that the the Anthony’s are getting too much support, while some others say they’re just tired of the time and effort that people are putting in to this case.
All of this that leads us up to Tuesday morning. The Orange County State Attorney’s office has offered Casey Anthony a ‘limited immunity’ offer. That was for purpose of if Casey said something that led investigators to Caylee or other evidence, they would be able to use that evidence, but not what she said in court. This is not a usual type of deal, but it was presented to primarily help find Caylee. Basically meaning, if she does play ball, she’ll still be looking at charges (if it goes in the direction of which most are thinking), but jury would not be able to get to hear the information she gave to detectives.
Well the deadline has passed and Casey Anthony has refused the immunity offer and refused for this to wrap up anytime soon. So lets review the next steps we’re looking at. Immediately we’ll see protesters will continue to protest at the Anthony family house, Casey’s parents will continue to be supportive, and search teams will continue to search for signs for Caylee. Just past the horizon, investigators will finally release information and officially confirm Caylee Anthony deceased, new charges will be brought upon Casey, but she’ll likely continue to profess her innocence.
Not for nothin’, but Nancy Grace might have to find new material soon. This soap opera may be drawing to a close…well at least until the trial.